Follow the pixels First stable update of 2023Android 13 QPR2 Beta 2 is rolling out today with the January security patch.
Android 13 QPR2 will get a stable launch in March with another beta expected next month. exist More than a few visual tweaks Indeed, and Google says these “constructions are suitable for general use”. In our experience, Beta 1 was a bit rougher around the (visible) edges, but nothing that affected usability. Things should be in better shape with this release.
Unlike developer previews and betas for unreleased versions of Android, these builds are suitable for public use. However, please review any known issues listed on this page.
If you install QPR2 Beta, leaving the program will clear and your next chance to exit without data loss will be in March after stable launch.
the Android Beta Feedback app Available on Pixel phones to submit issues. You can access it from the app drawer or via Google’s trouble logging quick settings, while the Android Beta community is being on reddit.
Top issues resolved in Android 13 QPR2 Beta 2:
- Fixed an issue with the System UI that was sometimes causing the home screen to become unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue where, after switching back to normal video capture mode from Slow Motion mode in the Google Camera app, the app continued to capture slow motion video if the capture speed was changed between 1/8x and 1/4x while in Slow Motion mode.
Known issues with the Android platform:
- The recent apps menu sometimes becomes unresponsive if the screen orientation is changed while the menu is open.
- In some cases when entering and exiting Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode from an app after changing the screen orientation, the System Settings app crashes with the message “Settings keep stopping” and then the System Settings app cannot be opened.
- A problem with the system UI can sometimes cause it to crash from a null pointer exception.
Android 13 QPR2 Beta 2 system images Available for Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, Pixel 7 Pro. And also in the Android emulator.
Most users will install Beta 2 (T2B2.221216.006) with the January security patch from Android Beta Program website. You can expect an OTA update in the coming hours. If you need help, here’s what we have Guide to install Android 13.
FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. more.
“Web specialist. Lifelong zombie maven. Coffee ninja. Hipster-friendly analyst.”
Hockey fan dies in escalator fall after Rangers game at MSG
Android ‘Acropalypse’ screenshot bug turns out to be a Windows 0 vulnerability – Ars Technica
Apple iPhone 15 Pro Leaked Renders shows off new buttons