April 17, 2024

La Ronge Northerner

Complete Canadian News World

Drake Bell says he hasn't gotten apologies from people who wrote letters of support to attacker Brian Beck

Drake Bell says he hasn't gotten apologies from people who wrote letters of support to attacker Brian Beck

Drake Bell revealed in the ID documentary series Quiet in the Set: The Dark Side of Children's Television That he was sexually assaulted by former Nickelodeon dialogue coach Brian Beck.

The series also dropped the names of the people who wrote letters of support to Beck, so that the judge could take them into account when issuing the sentence. Among the actors who stood by the convicted assailant, according to the documentary series, are James Marsden, Taran Killam, Boy meets world Stars Rider Strong and Will Friedle, as well Growing pains Parents Joanna Kearns and the late Alan Thicke.

In a recent interview, Bell said that so far, none of the 41 people who wrote letters on behalf of Beck have reached out to him to apologize.

“I have not received any apology or remorse from anyone who wrote letters or participated in supporting him at all,” Bell said in an interview with the program. Sarah Fraser Show Podcast.

Bell indicated that he did not know about the letters until the documentary series petitioned the court to unseal the documents, adding: “I learned that later, I mean there were many people who supported him and continued to work on it.” Drake and Josh“.

He continued: “I worked with these people every day, and I thought they were my friends. They were people in positions of power, and they were my bosses. They were directors, they were producers. It was a situation where I thought I was surrounded, and I thought I was safe. I thought, well, I thought I got rid of the cancer, and it's been taken out, and we're better now. And I had no idea that for four years I had been working alongside the people who supported him, and they were probably thinking of me a certain way deep in their minds, and I thought they were my friends.

See also  Sources say Yellowstone is 'winding up after season 5 amid disagreements with Kevin Costner'

Strong and Friedel have publicly claimed to have written the letters based on misinformation about the case, with Bell saying: “Sitting there and saying, ‘Yes, I did this,’ but that’s not the way they’re portraying it” — I mean, “I can’t imagine framing it in a way that says 41 Adult: “Oh, well, that makes perfect sense, how do you tell me, that makes sense.”

X-Men Producer Tom DeSanto issued a statement to the people Saying he wrote a letter “based on incomplete information” and “lacks full awareness of the seriousness of the accusations.” DiSanto apologized to Bell, saying that had he “been fully informed of all the accusations, my support would have been completely withheld.”

“This is very difficult for everyone involved, and this is what happens when people like Brian do what they do — it creates a ripple effect. That was really nice,” Bell said of DeSanto's apology.

Cairns also said she discovered that her letter of support for Beck “was based on completely false information”, and if she had known “what I know now, she would never have written the letter”.