Both doctors and nurses, and all nursing staff want to relax this summer, Launched by Christian Dube earlier this week.
He claims to be
A game plan [pour les chirurgies] We will perform in late August or early September.
It should be noted that an average of 10 to 20% of surgeries are continuously loaded by hospitals in recent weeks.
According to the most recent data, Outoise, one of the regions most severely affected by the third wave, is still operating at less than 50% of its normal level.
However, contracts with the private sector should increase the percentage of surgeries performed in the summer.
As CISSS spokesman DL Ottawais said,
The first CMS [centre médical spécialisé] Launched on May 6, CMS Incognito was introduced for ophthalmology on June 1 (and) CMS 819 […], May do so on July 5th.
Conversely, CISSS de Laval has been in captive mode for a few weeks. He seeks the private sector for more than half of the surgeries.
Meanwhile, the waiting list for surgery is still close to 150,000 and is under full scrutiny by the ministry.
An exercise to clean up waiting lists is currently in place, i.e. no duplicates, already executed cases, or surgically removed patients., Wrote Mary-Louis Harvey, spokeswoman for the MSSS.
This allows health groups to do checks to assess whether patients should be reconsidered or re-prioritized., She adds.
Minister Dube says the co-operation of the staff is essential to speed up the fall.
We have excellent cooperation from the Federation of Specialist Physicians who want to resume surgeries, but we also need the cooperation of nurses and all staff in particular., He insists
At the Quebec Interprofessional Health Federation (FIQ), President Nancy Petard warns network managers.
To resume operations, we need to take into account the available staff to catch up in September., She says.
With regard to the severe shortage of health professionals in the network, we were very clear with the Minister of Health and Social Services: companies should be ordered not to help overtime or forced overtime. Fill in the open changes, Adds Mrs. Bedard.
FIQ employs approximately 76,000 nurses, nursing assistants, respiratory therapists and medical perfume specialists working in healthcare organizations throughout Quebec.
Don’t forget about cancers
For his part, CHUM expert Denise Siliers recently wrote a commentary letter in support of cancer patients.
A mutation should be requested in the transition from COVID-19 to cancer as a health emergency so that effective resources dedicated to diagnosis, treatment and vaccination against COVID-19 can be diverted to cancer patients, He wrote.
Stephen Bureau was interviewed Friday on the show Of course, This hematologist and oncologist added many more.
COVID, we were able to control this condition within about a year. On the other hand, it was done to the detriment of many other things, he laments, and the rest now seems to have been neglected. I don’t seem to want to talk again about what we didn’t do during that period and all the reinvestments we need to make […] For the treatment of cancer.
Dr. Soliers also downplayed the lack of statistical data on cancer in Quebec.
Orthopedic surgeons, too, have called for action to compensate for the major delays.
In orthopedics, severe functional impairment is just as urgent as some cancers that do not function quickly, Appraisals Dr. Jean-Franுவாois Joncas, President of the Association des Orthopatistus du Quebec.
Despite outsourcing day surgeries to private clinics, cases of having to stay in hospitals continue to be dragged out due to lack of beds.
According to Dr. Jonkas, the focus should be on extending the operating hours of operating theaters in hospitals.
We already had substantial waiting lists… so in principle, we would never catch up. It is absolutely necessary to add hours of work somewhere to allow catch.
COVID-19 is disappearing
COVID-19 was never less than eight months in hospitals. Since reaching a peak of 1,500 in January, there have been more than 300 patients.
The number of health workers who are absent for COVID-related causes has also been steadily declining for several weeks. At the beginning of June, 3,570 of them were missing, rising to nearly 8,000 on January 11th.
Minister Dube is scheduled to outline a surgical recovery plan in mid-June.