July 4, 2022

La Ronge Northerner

Complete Canadian News World

Storm: Hydro-Québec wants to reconnect with up to 80% of the cubes on Monday

As of 8 a.m. Monday, nearly 230,000 Quebecs were still without electricity following a violent storm that swept across Quebec and Ontario on Saturday.

Read more: [EN IMAGES] A rare weather event has hit Quebec and Ontario

Read more: Massive deployment of Hydro-Quebec: New Brunswick groups as reinforcements

Most of its crashes are located in Laurentians (107,589), Lanaudière (62,553) and Outauais (51,118).

Hydro-Québec explained in the morning that “due to difficult access conditions, significant damage to the network and the amount of damage to be collected, some interruptions may continue.”

Note that during the worst of the storm, more than 550,000 power outages were recorded in Quebec. Since then, more than 600 groups – more than 1,000 workers – have been able to recover half of its network affected by the fall of several trees and branches.

Workers outside the Hydro-Québec network, including about 40 teams from New Brunswick, have come to the rescue, underlining the progress of the rescue operation on Monday morning, Energy and Natural Resources Minister Jonathan Julian said.

“We see a lot of broken infrastructure. Big big winds blowing at 150, 160 km / h, which means we see a lot of damage,” said Regis Tellier, deputy head of operations and maintenance at Hydro-Quebec, citing 17 poles falling in a row, one with the TVA Nouvelles. Des-Plaines during the interview.

According to Quebec, the storm hit a corridor 300 km long and 100 km wide.

“It simply came to our notice then [tempêtes] We have received in recent years. What we really want today is to rebuild. Here, we are going to re-nut the poles and lay the wiring again. We will rebuild as much as possible in the daytime, ”said Mr.

See also  Why Can Canada Almost Guarantee a White Christmas?

Hydro-Quebec hopes to recover 80% of malfunctions by the end of the day. After that, teams will deal with isolated failures, especially in the Hautes-Laurentides. Tellier underlined.

However, no schedule has been provided for a complete reconnection of all cubes.

On Saturday, May 21, the storm also left Ontario.

Hydro One Screenshot

On Saturday, May 21, the storm also left Ontario.

Even Ontario

On the Ontario side, Hydro Ottawa said Monday morning that it had restored power to about 70,000 subscribers, leaving 110,000 still in the dark.

Hydro One Screenshot

Hydro One, meanwhile, counts another 226,000 crashes, while 360,000 customers regained power.

Hydro One Screenshot

“The extent of the damage to our distribution network is incomprehensible. We are managing this across the city as no department is left out, ”Hydro Ottawa said Monday morning.

Hydro One Screenshot

The balance sheet of the state company is here as of 8:46 am.

  • Capitale-Nationale: 2,965 customers out of 434,813
  • Lanaudière: 62,406 customers out of 263,240
  • Laurentians: 107,601 customers out of 362,065
  • Morrisi: 3,755 customers out of 168,051
  • Outauais: 52,159 customers out of 224,649

For all details, see the website Of hydro-Quebec.