Death of a woman from Cronby | The referee hears the call for 911

(Trois-Rivières) The long-awaited interrogation of the Cronby woman’s mother-in-law began Monday with the testimony of two police officers who called 911 and first intervened at the crime scene. April 29, 2019 morning. The woman is accused of unplanned murder and forcibly stuffing a 7-year-old child. She pleaded not guilty.

Emily Plodio

Emily Plodio

In his inaugural statement, Crown’s attorney told the arbitral tribunal that he wanted to prove that “the accused kidnapped the child wrapped in duct tape.” “Inevitably, some evidence will be hard to see or hear,” Mr.e Jean-Sebastian Passier. The 38-year-old accused, dressed in black and wearing bread, did not move. The victim’s family was able to attend the trial in a “flood room” set up in Cronby Court.

The Crown called its first witness, Emily Perville, who received a tragic call from 911 Operator 23, in the morning of April 2019, in Rue Lindor, Cronby. Attorneys Mr.Me Pervil and his interlocutor could not be named because of a court order.

“Quick, an ambulance. [La] The cub no longer breathes. Nothing. She’s dead, ”says the person who dialed the emergency number from the beginning. The recording, shown to 14 judges, allows other panicked voices to be heard in the background. In the accused’s box, the child’s mother-in-law heard the call and shed some tears.

“Is there any food or vomiting?” », Asked the operator during the call, which will last less than five minutes. “No, she ran without air. I will explain it to you when you get there,” the respondent said, shedding tears for a moment.

See also  "Parents' Day": A Quebec school retreats

Agent Martin Noel, the first police officer to appear at the scene, later told the jury what he saw when he entered the home in Granby. In the kitchen, a woman and a child told him that the distressed child was in a room at the end of a hallway. “I enter the room. We feel the wall of heat. It is clear. The temperature is high,” he said.

The police officer said the woman was lying on the floor, completely naked. She was lethargic and the officer began resurrection maneuvers. “I feel the body bathed in fluid that appears to be urine or vomit,” he told the court.

The policeman referred to the child’s body as “Ricky.” The girl had marks near her legs, arms and thumb, he said. He found a plastic ball and scissors near the victim. The next day at the hospital the doctors found him dead.

Policewoman Linda Harbin appeared at the witness stand, where she described to her colleague a minute later what appeared on the scene. According to the version of his events, the paramedics arrived at the same time.

The room was “dark”, she described. To illuminate the unconscious woman the police woman came near a bed lamp without a shadow. She was thin and had marks on her body, the witness said. ” [Les marques], I can describe it to you when you put a very tight elastic bandage. It creates scores. She was sweating. On her little face, her hair was sticking out everywhere, ”the policeman explained.

“Next to her, there was a plastic mass, like a shell, with a pair of scissors,” she continued. Two police officers said they observed the condition of the room. All the furniture was stacked in front of the window.

See also  Your area may receive more than 20 mm of snow

At cross-examination, defense attorney Alexander Brown said Mr.Me Harbin on police methods when officers intervene in a crime. The woman replied that she was not wearing gloves when she intervened and had to move the TV cabinet that blocked part of the door where the baby was. The plastic object also moved during the intervention, he said.

On Tuesday, the investigation will continue with the testimony of other police officers and ambulance aides who intervened at the girl’s home in Cranby. During this program, led by Judge Louis Dion, about twenty witnesses will be called to testify. Calls and speeches from the accused, photos of the victim and pictures of the murder weapon will also be provided as evidence. The test is expected to last six to eight weeks.

A restraining order prevents us from identifying certain witnesses and revealing elements of this investigation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *