The galaxy of infections is forcing the government to allow COVID-19 positive health workers to return to the front line to avoid staff shortages and overloads.
Read more: Dubai warns against vaccinating
Read more: “Irresponsible”, condemns unions
“Under certain conditions, positive employees can continue to work,” Christian Dube, Quebec’s Minister of Health and Social Services, told a news conference today.
This result is not unanimous as the number of new COVID infections in Quebec has erupted, with 13,000 daily cases for the first time, 12,833 positive results.
The health minister is preparing to see 15,000 cases in the coming days. It is worrying that a total of 702 people were hospitalized, including 115 in intensive care with 210 people. Quebec also mourns 15 new deaths.
After all, with nearly 7,000 health workers currently out of work due to the Govt, the government is implementing this new measure. Minister Dubey said the number could soon rise to 10,000 non-staff, adding that “there are more patients, but fewer and fewer to treat them”.
“The infection with Omicron is so high that we have to recruit a lot of staff, and this puts us at risk in terms of the network’s ability to treat Cubs. It motivates us to make a paradigm shift,” Mr Dubey said.
Living with Govt
For Matthew Simon, head of the intensive care unit at the University of Cardiology and Pneumology in Quebec, the move was part of the idea of learning to live with Covid.
“Allowing health workers to return to work without being fired regularly is part of the social risk we must take. […] We will not allow anyone to die of a heart attack in 2022 because we do not want them to catch Kovid, ”the expert explains.
This decision, taken in conjunction with public health, should avoid going to the last stage of loading, which would only indicate critical care.
Following the announcement, Many unions went so far as to show their agreement with the will of the government. Many denounced the ambiguity surrounding this announcement, while there are still many unanswered questions, especially the terms.
For his part, the director of public health, Horacio Arruda, said he did not take this decision from the heart. “People need attention. If I am in intensive care and need a cardiologist, I would like a cardiologist in Kovit to take care of my heart and take action, ”said D.R. Rs.
The government also intends to expedite vaccinations for all Quber people under the age of 60 from January 4.
From December 29, Priority customers will be able to make their appointment through the * Click Sande platform.
Briefing the press conference
- “We suspect this is not a real number,” said Health Minister Christian Dube.
- Minister Christian Dubey notes that the condition of intensive care is “encouraging”, citing the rate of hospitalization against the number of positive cases.
- Quebec will, under certain conditions, allow health workers to work in healthcare facilities.
- “I can assure you that it will be on a case-by-case basis,” says Christian Dubey, referring to the decision to allow some employees to be declared positive work.
- The general public will be eligible for the third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine from January 4; Gradual opening of age appointments.
- “Either you vaccinate, or you catch the cow,” Minister Christian Dube introduces those who have not been vaccinated in Quebec.
- Quebec wants to vaccinate 2 to 3 million Quebecs against Govt-19 by March.
- Quebec is evaluating the possibility of reducing the isolation period from 10 to 5 days for positive but asymptomatic individuals, as recommended in the United States.
New priority customers
New essential workers can begin making their appointments starting Wednesday, December 29:
- School staff;
- Public security personnel;
- Social organizations in the field of health and social services;
- Some employees in agriculture, fisheries and food;
- Other health workers.
Lots of questions, but some answers …
Who should work in a positive and asymptomatic state?
Health workers and essential workers, regardless of who. According to the Minister of Health and Social Services, every situation will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Will positive employees be forced to return to work?
For now, the government has not yet issued guidelines regarding this new measure, but it has already caused concern among some experts. Judy Morris, president of the Quebec Emergency Physicians Association, said care should be taken in evaluating healthcare workers’ choices so they do not end up with extra weight on their shoulders.
Should health workers report if their patient is positive?
For now, the government has not specified what the obligations will be on this issue.
How do those who are positive for Govt-19 work?
At this time, the government has not yet issued guidelines regarding this new measure.
How are we going to make sure that patients are not affected by positive people?
The government has not yet issued guidelines regarding this new measure.
“If I were Intensive treatment and That I need one Cardiologist, I like Cardiologist suffering from Govt disease Who uses the measures and who Take care of my heart “
– Dr. Horacio Arruda
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”