(Ottawa) An army officer who previously oversaw the vaccination campaign in Canada said his reputation had been “irreparably tarnished” by the government’s sudden decision to replace him in May and that he had publicly revealed that he had been attacked. ” A sexual abuse investigation.
Major-General Danny Fordin’s claim is in the affidavit filed last week, but was made public only Thursday as part of his legal battle to overturn the dismissal of the Public Health Organization of Canada (PHAC), which he said was irrelevant and politically motivated.
Danny Ford was expelled from the vaccination campaign on May 14, five days before the Canadian Forces National Intelligence Service’s Director of Criminal and Penal Cases (DBCB) to determine whether any criminal charges should be brought before the sexual abuse investigation.
Through his lawyers, Danny Ford denied any wrongdoing.
Danny Fordin’s lawyers filed an application in federal court last month demanding that the judiciary review the decision to remove him from office at PHAC as soon as possible, overturn this decision and re-employ him in another agency or position.
The devastating impact, Ford says
In a statement signed on July 13, Danny Fordin says the impact of his decision to remove him from office and expose the misconduct investigation has been devastating to his reputation and career.
Danny Fordin says he received a model performance rating just three days before he was expelled from the immunization campaign and was at the “peak” of his career with expectations of promotion or promotion. Another opportunity at the end of his career at PHAC.
However, due to the decision to expel him, he says he no longer has a job, even though he remained in the Canadian Armed Forces.
According to him, he did not consider any post and his “life is over”.
Danny Ford challenged the government’s decision to disclose the investigation into his conduct.
“The reputation I have built up over the three decades I have served my country has been irreparably tarnished by the decision to publicly declare an inquiry into my alleged conduct,” the statement read, adding that the situation was “related to an allegation of misconduct for more than 30 years due to the lack of context in the advertisement”.
Danny Fordin’s lawyer, Natalia Rodriguez, said the affidavit was filed against Attorney General David Lametti, but will not be filed in court until September.
“We deliver this to you sooner than expected for transparency and transparency,” he said in an email. “We understand that there is a significant public interest in this matter and we would like to provide as much public information as possible about the issues raised in this application.”
Asked to comment on the case on Thursday, Defense Minister Harjeet Sajjan’s spokesman Daniel Mindon said: “It is inappropriate to comment at this time as it is an ongoing legal issue. ”
Danny Fordin’s lawyers’ decision to expel their client was unreasonable, practically unjustified and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Justice Health Minister Patti Hajju and Mr. Sajjan argued that it included inappropriate political interference in the military command chain.
None of the allegations have been proven in court.
They argued that the announcement of his dismissal violated his right to keep his personal information private and fueled public speculation without proper context, thus causing irreparable damage to his reputation.
Danny Fordin, in his statement, reiterates several of the claims made by his lawyers in last month’s Judicial Review Application.
He says he first heard of an unspecified allegation of sexual harassment against him on March 17, while Acting Commander-in-Chief Lt. Gen. Wayne Eyre told him that a military police investigation had been launched.
Later that day, the Division of Inquiry informed the Council office that Wayne Eyre had told Danny Ford that he would “argue for the proper course of action and be found not guilty” and would allow Danny Ford to continue.
PHAC President Ian Stewart said in the same statement. But Ian Stewart warned that although Danny Ford’s position was “right for now”, Minister Hajj and Justin Trudeau “may change their minds later”. Mr. Stewart said he was prepared to leave his post if needed.
On April 19, Danny Ford said he received a call from a military police investigator who said he was being investigated in a case of sexual abuse that had been going on for more than 30 years.
On May 13, Danny Fordin says Wayne Eyre told him that Grandma Hajdu and Harjeet Sajjan wanted to exclude him from the vaccination campaign. The affidavit states that Wayne Eyre made no decision other than to tell Danny Ford that “the political calculation has changed” and that “the Privy Council office said I should be indicted.”
The next day, Danny Fordin, Wayne Eyre, issued a written statement regarding his departure, saying “the results of the military investigation are pending.” The report was “negotiated”, but Danny Ford still had the opportunity to say that he had chosen to leave his post on PHAC.
The report was released late today, while Minister Sajjan issued a separate statement predicting the government’s commitment to creating a “culture of inclusion” in the army that would abandon values. Toxic and outdated practices and policies.
“I do not know if the Minister of National Defense will issue additional public statements regarding the investigation,” Danny Ford said in the statement, adding that Minister Sajjan’s statements “indicate the nature of the investigation.”
Danny Fordin said he was not asked if he agreed to these public statements.
Five days after Danny Ford’s departure, the military police released a statement alleging sexual harassment to the DBC. Major General Ford said he only learned of this development from the media.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”